THE RETURN TRIP – Episode 194
…“SO what kind of kisser is Deke McKinney, Susannah? Is he as dreamy as he looks?” is a representative sample of the girl talk…
In reality, Miss Grisbaum possesses a puny portfolio of Deke-isms. Their dates are fun beyond explanation, but the devil is in the details. By every definition, the elder McKinney is a straight shooter, even to the point of, do I dare say, boring? If you were his sister, instead of an aspiring debutante, his idea of fun would be… unpretentious hearty fun.
Oh Susannah, if she so chose to, would accurately relate these intimate facts about her Space Academy 18th Annual “Rising Star Dance” date:
- He’s a great hand holder
- He is Sonic Burger’s best customer
- He drives jet cycles fast (so she can grasp his 25” waist tightly)
- He rides his horse at a full gallop (so she can hang on to him for dear life)
- He’s the best cheek pecker this side of the Mississippi
Oh what, Oh Susannah actually says is:
- “We spend hours and hours looking out at the stars, sometimes waking up the next morning in each other’s’ arms.”
- “And his kisses nearly drive me to insanity, long and really wet.” (she wishes)
- “He once told me that he would like us to be like his mom & dad…. partners forever.”
“You are so lucky Suzy!”
“And he is taking me back to his house on the King Ranch after the dance,” that much is true. “His stepdad is running for President, can you believe it?” True again. “They are out of town and I think he wants to have his way with me!” Only if he wants to be grounded for a light-year.
But, as the other girls are swallowing her stories whole, wishing that that young space cadet across the room were with them, Dashing Deker is probably telling his own tales of romance and upcoming conquest to his buddies.
THE RETURN TRIP