Constance Caraway P.I. ~ Episode 190
…Like an uncoordinated symphony conductor, the Dark One sends out his legions, for his version of midnight madness…
Unwilling to take this whole revival thing sitting down, Pentateuch has arranged for a not-so-special reward for anyone attending the Graham meetings. His has amassed every available demonic spirit for the purpose of polluting any feel-good images that they have taken home with them.
- Traffic tie-ups for travelers w/flash freezing fog to make roadways impassable
- Grotesque nightmares for those newly inspired dreamers, the ones able to fall asleep
- Misbehaving pets and children to greet them – diversionary domestic derailleur(s)
- Grumbling religious doubters at every turn, stealing the joy from their mass evangelical experience
- Widespread machine malfunctions: fridges, stoves, laundry rebelling at every attempted use
Like an uncoordinated symphony conductor, the Dark One sends out his legions, for his version of midnight madness.
And not everyone receives the same exact mischief.
Some, like the Libbyites, are spared any logistic inconvenience on the way home that night, but not the subconscious discord.
There are the already irretrievably lost, those who have unwittingly subscribed to Satan’s temptations with no enhancement necessary.
In fact, the next day, a city wide blackout results from a balky Commonwealth Edison power grid; shared funkiness for the rest of Chicagoland.
But Pentateuch is allowed but a brief 24 hours, one day to do his best damage, allowed being the keyword. Divine intervention will cap the harm at a mischievously low level.
Constance Caraway P.I.